Discover Saint-Jean-de-Luz, a treasure of the Basque heritage
During your stay on the Basque coast, discover St-Jean-de-Luz, a famous Basque city known as much for its seaside resort as for its historic and cultural heritage.
Let be surprised by its lively harbor, its elegant seafront, and its delicious specialties.
- The harbor: will delight you with its colorful fishing boat and historical dwellings.
- The church Saint-Jean-Baptiste: is a must-see of the city and is where Louis XIV and the Infante Maria Theresa of Span got married.
- The Maison Louis XIV: a beautiful house where Louis XIV lived for 40 days.
- The Paul Jovet Coastal Botanic Gardens: explore the flora and discover the wildlife of the Basque coastline.
What to do around St-Jean-de-Luz?
|Ciboure||Lovely and authentic town in front of the sea, well known for its beaches and its harbor.||1.8 km (1.1 miles)|
|Château d’Urtubie||Historical castle with a 6 hectares park.||3.9 km (2.4 miles)|
|Urrugne||Village located between a ledge and the Pyrenean mountains.||4.7 km (2.9 miles)|
|Guéthary||Authentic village with Basque typical architecture.||7.1 km (4.4 miles)|
Why don’t you go to the beach? After visiting, let’s have sunbathing.
- The “Grande Plage”, in town, is perfect for idleness or swimming afternoons with your family or your friends.
- Ciboure’s Socoa beach, a quiet and sheltered beach in Ciboure.
- The Erromardie beach, a supervised sandy and pebbly beach along the coastal path.
- The Lafitenia beach, a supervised and wild beach with sand and pebbles.
- The Senix beach, a supervised beach for bathers and surfers.
If you are a big fan of food and culinary discoveries, taste traditional meals and specialties:
- Macarons from Adam,
- Mouchous and kanougas from La Maison Pariès,
- Ice-cream from Lopez,
- Hake online,
- Egiategia wine,
- Food from the “marchés”.
Learn more about the top attractions and the touristic must-see.
If you are exploring the region, we will need a base camp. Why don’t you stay in a camping near St-Jean-de-Luz?
Stay in five-star camping near St-Jean-de-Luz
Welcome to the Camping Le Ruisseau, a five-star campsite built on a flowery and raised park of 18 hectares. Our outdoor accommodation is ideally located near the main Basque Country sites, so you can enjoy the beauty of the region.
We have been working for more than 50 years to provide you with high-quality services.
You can choose the best options for you:
- rent one of our mobilhome, they are all equipped for your comfort,
- Or book a pitch where you will be able to set up a tent or a camping car.
They are all equipped with an electrical connection, water, and an evacuation for wastewater.
Our camping is less than 10 km driving from St-Jean-de-Luz. We will be very close to the city and to the beaches.
Camping with a water park for perfect holidays in the Basque Country
Our water park, spread over 1100 m², is equipped for the happiness of the whole family. The paddling pool (600 m²) will entertain your kids with rain trees, water jets, water cannons, and more. You will also have fun with four different types of slides.
If you need a break, relax in our wellness area. The spa area and the indoor pool invite you to a moment of pure relaxation.
Complete equipment for relaxation and fun for the whole family.
If you are more into sports, we offer you many activities like bike renting, rugby, tennis, mini-golf, fishing, boules pitch, or swimming lessons.
Animations are also put in place by our team to entertain both children and adults. Enjoy kids and teen clubs, aquagym, Zumba, fitness classes, etc.
Our camping near St-Jean-de-Luz is ideally located for surfing, walking, going to the beach or taking a tour to Spain.
Book your stay and spend unforgettable holidays on our camping near St-Jean-de-Luz.
Le Camping Le Ruisseau des Pyrénées
64210 Bidart, France